Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Q & A w/ designer JESSICA BUCK OF VIXEN'S WARDROBE: A LINE ON THE RISE


Q: What is your inspiration for 'Vixenswardrobe'?

A: I take from music, beauty, and make-up. They all just work hand in hand. I also think of themes. For my upcoming premiere I am thinking about the theme "knocking down the walls". I'm at a time in my line where I just want to "Go hard" like Rihanna.

Q: Who is your target audience?

A: My target audience is chic modern young women ranging from teen to upper professional.

Q: What was your first experiences in fashion?

A: My best friend in college had a brother who was a designer and he asked us to model for his college tour. I hated modeling, so I asked him to teach me how to sew his dress in his spare time. After that I really liked it and that weekend I bought my first sewing machine, and the following weekend I bought four more sewing machines.

Q: Who are fashion icons that you really admire or look up to?

A: I really admire Tracee Reece and Lady Gaga of course. Rihanna fashion team is really doing it right now too.

Q: What direction do you see 'Vixen's Wardrobe' going in the next 5 years?

A: If all goes well this summer, I plan to move to New York and try to take the line mainstream so I can get into stores. I also want to branch off into making more costume clothes for performers such as the clothes that Lady GaGa or Beyoncé wears when they perform. If I don't go to New York then I will just open up my own boutique here in Saint Louis and become a household name.

Q: What do you want consumers to know about 'Vixen's Wardrobe'?

A: I want people to know that clothes are materialistic. Every woman wants to look and feel good, but 'Vixens Wardrobe' is selling an image. We aren't just selling clothes, but rather confidence. Every woman can feel confident about themselves. I'm not in the fashion designing business for the money, but rather for the enjoyment and satisfaction of my audience and consumers.


Features of 'Vixens Wardrobe'












THE DESIGNER: JESSICA BUCK


(jessica: middle)


For more information concerning 'Vixen's Wardrobe' please visit www.vixenswardrobe.com